Gateway South, 2016 has been a remarkable year for us!
Thank you for the part you play in what God is doing! Your generosity in giving financially, giving of your time, giving of your service, inviting your friends and family, and personally growing in your faith are all making a tremendous impact!
Can you believe that in February, we helped launch Gateway Church in Central Austin which now has 200 adults and about 30 children every week at Brazos Hall in downtown Austin!
Can you believe that in March, we finally moved into our new building at 6800 West Gate Blvd.! We now have about 500 adults and 200 children and teens each week!
Here are some of the events and opportunities we have hosted in our new space:
- Easter 2016 with 1200 people!
- Gateway University courses such as Advance, Maximizing Marriage, Parenting, Financial Peace University, Alpha and Awaken, Be the Bridge, Job Seekers Gateway, Hearing God Workshop, 12 Steps for Men, and 12 Steps for Women.
- Family Movie Nights, Back to School BBQ, and Parent/Baby Dedication Lunches
- Youth Lock In which included time at our new neighbors – Altitude Trampoline Park
- Pancake Breakfasts
- A new middle school class on Sunday mornings
- Life groups with childcare provided
- Creative Arts Nights
- Worship Nights
- Baptisms and Communion during our Inspire Services
- Leadership Community for Life Group Leaders and Guest Services
- Crisis Counseling
- Serve Task Force mobilizing to serve refugees, the homeless community, and kids in foster care.
- Extended prayer after our services and 24 hour prayer nights
- Fall Fest 2016 with games for kids, food trailers and bounce houses in the back courtyard, and a concert in the auditorium
- Christmas Services – 12/23 at 7pm, 12/24 4pm and 6pm
What’s Next with the Buildout?We have some big dreams for making a real difference in our city, and my hope is we can completely pay off what we have borrowed from the Gateway reserve fund by the end of 2016 so that we are not slowed down in doing all God wants us to do.
To give towards the buildout, go to PushPay and choose Life Giving Life (South).
To give towards our ongoing ministry efforts including our work with refugees, go to PushPay and choose Gateway Offerings – South Campus.