not like me
Learning to Love, Serve, and Influence Our Divided World
We live in a diverse world
filled with unprecedented opportunity. Now more than ever is the time for us to become agents of change creating genuine unity among people from a variety of backgrounds and worldviews.
Not Like Me urges readers—women and men, democrats and republicans, church leaders and lay people from every background—to create a new future that connects God’s heart by removing the religious baggage of Christianity to discover the world Jesus intended.
- The Church can be an example of loving and diverse community.
- The Church can bring healing and unity.
- The Church can reach those too often overlooked, ignored, or misunderstood.
- The Church can overcome our negative stereotype.
Through stories and insights gleaned from Eric’s own personal experiences and failures, the experiences of others, and the life and teachings of Jesus, readers will discover how to move beyond ethnic, racial, cultural, and ideological barriers toward genuine friendship with others that can lead to personal and community transformation.
With new and updated content, the 10th anniversary edition of Not Like Me inspires and equips us to develop diverse communities, resolve conflict, overcome bitterness, create a better future, and even heal our fractured world.
BONUS FOR PASTORS AND CHURCH LEADERS:
Check out the FREE online TheChurchGrowthSummit.com
featuring interviews with leaders, authors, pastors, and innovators.
For a limited time, we will send you a discounted copy of Not Like Me.
Choose Not Like Me as a sermon series or for your small group!
- Wanting to do a sermon series dealing with politics, ethnicity, immigration, morality, or resolving conflict?
- Wanting to reach people who would not normally come on a Sunday morning?
- Wanting to mobilize your people to reach out to their neighbors and co-workers?
- Just wanting 6 weeks of great material you don’t have to create on your own?!
For special bulk offers, order here:
$7.75 each for 20 copies
$7.50 each for 40 copies
$7.25 each for 80 copies
$7.00 each for 120 copies
What are people saying?
"Not Like Me is Saving Private Ryan meets Nacho Libre! Eric calls us to a heroic mission and at the same time exposes our flawed humanity. He tackles one of the most critical and complex issues of our time and brings it down to earth and keeps us grounded in reality."
"Not Like Me is a brilliant field guide to help leaders and all Christ followers understand how to engage with and influence a diverse world."
“Eric Michael Bryant communicates a bridge building message with grace and love. It’s worth reading and definitely worth living.”
“Winsome, honest, theologically grounded – Bryant’s work calls us to move beyond the theory of bridge building to everyday, practical choices for actually loving others as Jesus loved.”