This book reminded me of Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People which highly incluenced me as I was writing Not Like Me as a guidebook to help people who follow Jesus overcome the negative Christian stereotype.
- Bring out the best in others.
- Get recognized.
- Overcome life’s challenges.
- Enjoy better health.
Studies have found that “organizations with positive employee relationships produce 15 to 25 percent more productivity.”
“The choices you make don’t shape your life as much as the choices other people make about you.”
Before making a choice, people listen, believe, and assess value.People listen, believe, and value likeable people.
The Four Elements of Likeablility:
- Friendliness – “expressing a liking for another person” or “communicating welcome”
- Relevance – the extent to which a person connects with another person’s interests, wants, or needs.
- Empathy – “an identification with and understanding of another’s situation, feelings, and motives”
- Realness – someone who is genuine, true, and authentic
If you would like the full book overview, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Likeability Factor.”