Are you looking to move your leadership to the next level? Are you hoping to catalyze a more effective effort in loving, serving, and influencing your city?
I am leading the cohort which includes courses and experiences based in San Diego with a couple in St. Paul/Minneapolis. We will have access to some of the Bethel faculty as well as friends of mine who have been effective practitioners in places like Austin, Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, the Pacific Northwest, the East Coast, and overseas.
- An intentional time for learning. Our staff gave me the space to do the very things I didn’t seem to have time to do before the program began.
- An immediate opportunity for application. Every project was something I was already needing to accomplish.
- Each paper for each project became a chapter in my final dissertation (which I’m hoping will be published as one of my next books).
From the Bethel Seminary website:
“In the Doctor of Ministry in Missional Effectiveness, we help students become effective missional leaders. In a world that’s becoming increasingly diverse, skeptical of the church, and even post-Christian, pastors, church planters, parachurch leaders, and non-profit Christian leaders will need to develop and refine the leadership skills necessary to reach those without faith and raise up other leaders to partner with them in their missional efforts.
This Doctor of Ministry program explores the biblical foundations of a missional model and contemporary scholarship on missional leadership with practitioners who have been effectively transforming the culture where they live and serve.
What Students Gain
From understanding multiple models of missional ministry to learning the value of self-leadership, students become equipped to lead in transformational ways.
- Explore and understand missional ministry.
- Engage spiritual and personal foundations for ministry effectiveness.
- Understand effective approaches for influencing a diverse world through missional contextualization.
- Explore the priority and practice of missional innovation with leading practitioners.
- Investigate essential theories for effectively leading missional organizations.
- Integrate learning and reflect on the practice of missional ministry.
- Enjoy the unique design of the cohort model and interacting with fellow students and mentors.”
Watch the interview about Pursuing Education for Ministry Effectiveness with Joseph Dworak and Dr. Justin Irving from Bethel Seminary!
Other options include: