- Through your generosity and some strategic budget revisions, we are now on target to break even.
- We are in a position where we can lock in our contract for this space so that we can stay another six years and God willing beyond that!
- At the same time, we want to pay off what we borrowed to build out this place.
- And did you know that South Austin is considered the church planters graveyard! Churches come and go yet somehow God has blessed us and through your faithfulness has allowed us to celebrate 11 years as a campus and 3 years in this location!
To hear the message go to Daniel – Having An ‘Even… If’ Faith– especially from the 25:55 minute mark to the 33:31 mark
Check out some of the amazing things we have been able to do together:
- In those three years we are able to start more recovery groups and expand them so that over 200 people have learned how to work the steps and find freedom from their wounds and bad habits. We now have a full-time Restore Pastor!
- We have seen over 180 people baptized.
- We have seen hundreds visit and discover a community where they know they can come as they are.
- We have seen over 500 step in and start serving – making a real difference in the lives of the homeless, business Leaders, singles, couples, the deaf community, or in their neighborhoods like Circle C, 78704, Dripping Springs, and more.
- We have seen over 400 start growing spiritually in life groups.
- We are on the verge of launching a campus in Buda/Kyle and in Pflugerville just three years after we helped launch a central campus that now meets at McCallum high school.
- We have seen more people in their 20s, more teenagers, more children, and more toddlers get connected than ever before! In fact, we now have a full time Next Gen Director and full time Youth Pastor!
- We’ve sent over 100 kids and adults on Go Teams with upcoming trips to Puerto Rico and Japan (which still has room to sign up at www.gatewaychurch.com/goteams).
- We have even commissioned the Andersons as missionaries to Japan! They will be reaching out to the people of Japan (less than .5% follow Jesus) and those coming to visit for the Rugby World Cup this year and the Tokyo Olympics next year!
God is been so good to us and to much is given much is expected!
In the last few weeks, I have sensed God leading us to stretch ourselves. Now if you’re new this Sunday or new to Gateway, feel no obligation at all to get involved unless you feel led to jump in with us and pay it forward.
So here’s what I want you to consider and even pray about:
- If all of the adults that called Gateway South their church home gave $500 more than we already give between now and August we will pay off all of our debt.
- Now I realize some of you could only give $50 above and beyond what you are currently giving but some of us could give $5000 more than we are currently giving or even more than that.
- There are now about 800 adults that call Gateway South their church home and about half of us give something.
So pray about this:
- If this is your church home and you haven’t starting trusting God by giving to His work here with us, just start there.
- If you are giving, but not doing so consistently then consider giving more regularly.
- Perhaps you give regularly but God wants to stretch your generosity.
- Pray about it with me and let’s see if God might put something on your heart between now and Easter a goal to work towards before the end of August.